Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Coconut Flour Bread








Since we have gone grain-free, I have been searching for and trying new recipes. I made this bread last night and really enjoyed it. I'll definitely make it again.

Notes:
I did use the baking powder. It's not listed in the ingredients, but there is note that the author did not use it because baking powder is restricted on her GAPS diet.

I used Manuka honey instead of regular honey. For two reasons: I believe it's healthier and it tastes sweeter to me.

This bread doesn't rise much and is quite dense. But it is yummy and worth the price of the coconut flour (cha-ching!) if you're grain-free and want some 'bread'.

Next time I'll substitute coconut oil for the butter before baking, just to taste the difference.

She forgets to mention the baking temperature. It's 350 degrees.

It is DELICIOUS warm with butter. Mmmm...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment