Tuesday, February 15, 2011

White Bean Vanilla Cupcakes

You heard me.  White beans.



Skeptical?


Boy I was.

So I decided to try them for myself.  And I was shocked. 

I found the recipe here.  Modern Alternative Mama has lots of recipes.  I intend to try more of them.

Here are my notes:
I used baking cups.  These cupcakes are kind of sticky and VERY moist.  Not sure they will come out of the pan without the cups.
I cooked dried white northern beans.  I didn't used canned because I was afraid of the 'can taste'.
I used Manuka honey because I really like it, it doesn't raise my blood glucose significantly, and it just seems richer.
I made cupcakes instead of the two cakes.  I got 2 dozen cupcakes from this recipe.  They took about 22 minutes to cook.
The cupcakes don't rise much so you can fill the baking cups almost all the way up.


I proudly fed these to my family.  They LOVE them!  I even let my son have them for breakfast.  These things are packed with protein and have no refined sugar.  Oh...they are also guilt-free.

Enjoy!



Dear Naysayers~
Don't knock it till you try it! 

Love,
Eater of Cupcakes for Breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment