Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blackened Salmon With Dill Sauce

Anyone ever been intimidated by a fish?

No?

I was.  By salmon.  In fillet form. 

I'm over it now.  And honestly, I'm kind of in love with salmon fillets now.

I found wild Alaskan salmon fillets at my local mega store. (Here's why wild salmon is healthier than farmed salmon.)  The fillets are individually wrapped which makes it super easy to only thaw what I need.  I thaw them, in their packaging, in the refrigerator overnight.


I choose to remove the skin, but you can leave it on if you want.

Ingredients:
Salmon fillets (one per person)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt
Black pepper
Cayenne
Paprika
Thyme
Oregano

Sprinkle thawed fillets with salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, thyme and oregano.  (The Captain and I like ours sort of spicy so I'm heavy on the cayenne.  My son likes his with only salt and pepper.)
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.  (My stainless steel skillets cook rather hot so my burner is set on 3.)
Place fillets in heated skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes.  Turn them over and cook another 3 minutes.  Be careful to not overcook the salmon.

Done!

See...that wasn't difficult at all, was it?

Top the fillets with Dill Sauce.  Delicious!

Dill Sauce:
1/4 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup plain yogurt or sourcream
2 scallions (or green onions) chopped finely
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon dill
black pepper

Mix all ingredients together.  Chill until ready to use.
(I have also used all sour cream, no mayonaise.  It is yummy as well.)





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment