Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fish Tacos With Mango and Cucumber Salsa

Fish:
4 Tilapia Fillets
Olive Oil
Cilantro
3 T. Lime Juice
Season Salt
Pepper

Place tilapia in shallow dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Let marinate 30 minutes, turning over after 15 minutes.



Pan fry fish in skillet with canola oil, turning over when edges start to whiten. (Fillets are thin and don't take long to cook.)

Tortillas:
Flour tortillas can be used, but I fry corn tortillas in canola oil.



Salsa:
1 C. Chopped Mango (I use frozen. Thaw under cool running water in a strainer. Drain well.)
1 C. Chopped Cucumber (You can seed it if you want. I'm too lazy.)
1 Finely Chopped Jalapeno. (I take most of the seeds out. Depends on how hot you want your salsa.)
Chopped Cilantro
2 T. Lime Juice


Comine all ingredients in bowl. (That was easy, huh?)



I top the fish tacos with lettuce and the salsa.
Today I served them with my version of Mexican Couscous.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating. This sounds right up our alley. My kids love fish, What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete